White Fruit Cake
This white fruit cake is another variant of the traditional Christmas fruit cake that we usually bake during the Christmas season. This white Christmas fruit cake is sure to have people asking for second helpings, learn how to bake this amazing Christmas fruit cake that is easy to beak and delicious to eat.
- White Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups butter
- 4 cups fine sugar
- 8 eggs, separated
- 3 cups raisins
- 1 1/2 cups candied cherries
- 1 1/2 cups candied pineapple
- 2 ounces candied citrus peel
- 2 ounces candied citron peel
- 1 cup currants
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 cups pecan nuts, chopped
- Chop the fruits and mix with citrus peel, currants, raisins, and citron.
- Soak the fruits in orange juice overnight.
- Set your oven to pre heat at 275 degrees F.
- Take three 9 inch baking tins and grease them.
- Take a small saucepan with water and place in the oven.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix butter and sugar till its light golden and fluffy.
- Add beaten egg yolk to the butter mix.
- Add the fruit mix, nuts and flour in the butter mix and mix well till you have a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl, wisk the egg whites till they became stiff.
- Add the beaten egg white to the cake mix and mix well.
- Pour the cake mix into the three cake pans and bake for 2.5 hrs.
- Remove the cake pans from the oven and allow complete cooling.