Here we have a classic sweet potato pie recipe that is prepared during Christmas season, this traditional sweet potato pie recipe is simple to make and delicious to taste, learn how to make this classic sweet potato pie and serve it during this Christmas dinner for family and friends.
- 1 1/2 lb sweet potato
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- One 9 inch pie crust
- Start by placing the sweet potatoes in a pan, boiling them till they are done.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Take a bowl, mash the sweet potatoes and mix butter in them and mix well.
- Add sugar, cinnamon powder, milk, nutmeg powder and vanilla extract and mix well until you have a smooth mix.
- Take a pie pan and dust with flour.
- Place the crust in the pan and pour the mix over the crust.
- Place the pan in a pre heated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool.
Your Christmas sweet potato pie is ready to be served, serve with vanilla ice-cream or whipped cream. This sweet potato pie is delicious and is a great dessert for a traditional Christmas dinner.