Here we have a classic smoked salmon recipe that is traditionally made during Christmas season in the United Kingdom. This traditional Christmas smoked salmon is light and full of aroma and flavour. You can make this simple yet delicious smoked salmon for your Christmas dinner this year and surprise your guests and family.
Smoked Salmon Ingredients
- 1 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 large salmon fillets
- Take a large bowl, add salt sugar and pepper.
- Spread a aluminium foil that is longer than the fillet.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the salt pepper mix on the fillets, ensuring both sides are coated.
- Cover the fish fillets with foil and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
- Remove the fillets and rinse with cold water.
- Pat the fillet with a towel and keep aside for 1 hr to dry.
- Place the fillets in a smoker until the center or thickest part is cooked.
- Remove and serve with cucumber, turnips and other vegetables.
While this traditional Christmas smoked salmon is made for Christmas dinners, you can substitute the salmon with any other fish fillet.