The Roast Goose is a traditional Christmas main course dish in many parts of the world. This traditional Christmas roast goose recipe makes for a delightfully, crisp, juicy and flavorful roast goose that you can serve up during Christmas dinners. You can serve up this roast goose recipe along with trimmings that include roast potatoes, pigs in a blanket and baked vegetables. Learn to make this great traditional roast goose recipe here.
Ingredients for Traditional Roast Goose.
- 10 Lb goose
- 3-4 lemons
- 2-3 limes
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Sprig of parsley
- Sprig of thyme
- Sprig of Sage
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Score the breast and legs of the goose using a knife.
- Season the cavity with salt and pepper.
- Mix the five spices and salt along with zest of lime and lemons.
- Season the inside of the goose with this lemon salt mix.
- Rub the mix on the skin of the goose.
- Cut lemon and lime into quarters and place in the cavity of the goose along with parsley, thyme and sage.
- Place the stuffed bird in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 Degrees F.
- Take a large roasting pan, grease with olive oil and place a few sprigs of thyme, sage and parsley on the pan.
- Place the goose on the herbs and brush the honey on the skin.
- Season the skin with thyme and place the pan in the oven.
- Leave the pan in the oven for about 4 hours.
- Baste the goose with dripping every 30 min.
Once the goose is done, you can serve the roast goose along with roast potatoes, pigs in a blanket and baked vegetables. You can use the drippings from the goose to roast your potatoes and also use them for the vegetables, this adds flavour to the bakes vegetables and roast potatoes. Serve this amazing roast goose for Christmas.