Roast Duck is another traditional Christmas main course dish that is prepared in many countries and is a favourite traditional Christmas dinner dish. Here we have a traditional whole roast duck recipe that is great for holiday dinners like thanksgiving or Christmas. Learn how to make this traditional roast duck recipe and serve this delicious crispy and juicy roast duck for Christmas dinner.
Ingredients for Christmas Roast Duck.
- 6 Lb Duck
- 1 large onion
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1tsp black pepper
- Sprig thyme
- Sprig parsley
- Sprig Sage
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Start by preheating the oven to 450 Degrees F
- Take a knife and scour the legs and breast of the duck.
- Take a large baking pan and grease with a bit of olive oil.
- Place half a sprig of the herbs (thyme, parsley, Sage) on the pan.
- Slice the onion and place it on the pan.
- Take the duck, pour hot water in the body cavity and over the duck.
- Drain the water and place the duck on the pan.
- Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Take remaining herbs and place inside the duck.
- Cut the lemon in quarters and place inside the duck.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven for 1 hr, remove and turn the duck over and place back in the oven.
- Baste the duck with the dripping every 30 min.
- Roast the duck until the duck is well done and skin is crisp and brown
- Once the duck is done, remove the herbs and lemon from inside the cavity and drain out any liquid from the cavity into the roasting dish.
Your Christmas roast duck is ready to be served. You can carve the duck and serve along with an apple sauce or with cranberry sauce. This is a very juicy and crisp roast duck recipe and tastes delicious.