Pigs in a blanket is a traditional Christmas recipe and is the English term for a dish made of bacon and sausages and is served either as an appetizer or as a side dish along with the traditional Christmas roast turkey. This yummy appetizer is a favourite for all both children and adults. Learn how to make this simple yet delicious traditional Christmas pigs in a blanket recipe and serve it up this Christmas along with your Christmas roast turkey.
Ingredients for pigs in a blanket
- 20 cocktail sausages
- 10 Bacon slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Take a baking tray and lightly brush with olive oil
- Cut the bacon slices into 3 pieces
- Take a sausage and tightly wrap in a bacon strip.
- Place all wrapped sausages on to the tray and brush with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 min or till the bacon is crispy golden.
This delicious Christmas pigs in a blanket recipe can be served along with the tradition al Christmas roast turkey, or you can serve it as an appetizer whenever you have friends coming over to your place for a party. This is a great party appetizer and would be gone in a jiffy. You can try varying the recipe by substituting bacon with cabbage or with pastry dough.