During the Christmas season, people around the world bake pies that are eaten through the Christmas season and during Christmas dinner. One of the traditional Christmas pies that is baked during Christmas is the traditional pecan pie. The traditional pecan pie is nutty and full of flavour. We have a great Christmas pecan pie recipe that you can bake this Christmas and serve during the family Christmas dinner,. This traditional pecan pie recipe is simple to make and tastes great.
Ingredients for Traditional pecan pie
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan nuts
- 1- 9 inch pie crust
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 Degrees F
- Take a saucepan and add corn syrup, sugar, water, butter and starch.
- Place the pan on a medium flame and bring to boil.
- In a bowl break the eggs and wisk them until they become light golden and frothy.
- Add the mix from the sauce pan to the eggs and mix well.
- Add salt to the mix.
- Add the chopped pecan nuts and vanilla extract to the mix.
- Take a pie dish, dust with flour and place the pie crust in the dish.
- Pour the pie mix into the crust.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 40 min.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Your traditional Christmas pecan nut pie is ready to serve, this amazing Christmas pecan pie can be served with whipped cream or ice cream and is a great Christmas dinner dessert.