Baked or roasted Dungeness crabs is another traditional Christmas dinner recipe that is cooked for Christmas dinner. This dish is a popular dish in California. Here we have a traditional roast Dungeness crab recipe that you can make this Christmas. These roast crabs are coated in a buttery sauce that enhances the flavor of the sweet crab meat. This is a simple recipe that can be easily prepared. Add this traditional Dungeness crab recipe to your Christmas dinner list this Christmas season.
How to prepare Dungeness Crab
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup cooking oil( preferably olive oil)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 large Dungeness crabs cooked
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange peel
Directions for preparing Dungeness Crab
- Start by preheating the oven to 475 Degree F
- In a large pan melt butter in the oil over a slow flame
- Add garlic, onions and pepper to the butter and stir
- Add crabs and sprinkle salt and pepper
- Add half the spices and parsley to the crabs and stir well
- Remove the skillet from the flame and place in the oven until the crabs are done.
- Once crabs are done, remove the crabs on to a serving platter
- Add orange peel and juice to the pan and boil well in the remaining sauce
- Once reduced pour the sauce over the crabs.
Serve this amazing buttery crab recipe along with mashed potatoes this Christmas.