The Christmas trifle is a traditional dessert made of custard, sponge cake and jelly and is traditionally made in countries like England, Scotland , Ireland and even Canada. This traditional Christmas recipe has varied flavours and textures and has a great holiday feel to it. Here we have a traditional Christmas Trifle Recipe that has the perfect blend of cake, fruit and pudding that makes for a great Christmas dessert. Learn how to make this amazing Christmas trifle here.
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 3 bananas
- 1 jar red cherries
- 1 jar green cherries
- 3-1/2 cups eggnog, chilled
- 2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 sponge cake
- 1 carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Start by draining out the juice of the pineapple and keeping it separate.
- Take a bowl, add eggnog and wisk it well.
- Add pudding mix to eggnog and wisk well.
- Take a trifle bowl,
- Place cake pieces at the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Add half the pudding and eggnog over the cake.
- Place a layer of sliced bananas over the pudding.
- Place a layer of pineapple.
- Place a layer of cherries
- Place another layer of cake pieces
- Top the cake with whipped topping.
- Repeat the layers again
- Garnish the trifle with nuts.
Your Christmas trifle is ready to serve, place the bowl in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve up dessert. Though this is a traditional Christmas trifle, you can prepare this amazing dessert for any other special occasion as well.