This Christmas prepare this traditional Roast Christmas Turkey and surprise your family. This traditional Roast Christmas turkey recipe is not only simple to make but is very juicy, tender and mouth watering. Just follow this simple recipe that we have here for a classic Christmas roast turkey recipe.
Ingredients for Roast Turkey
- 1 Medium Turkey(10 lbs)
- 1 lemon
- 5 fresh bay leaves
- 1 large onion
- 3 table spoons butter, melted
- Set the oven to preheat at 375 degree F.
- Season the Turkey with salt and pepper.
- Take the onion and cut it into quarters and place into the cavity of the turkey.
- Grate the lemon peel and keep the zest aside. Cut the lemon in quarters and place in the turkey along with bay leaves.
- Take a large roasting pan and place the turkey on the pan.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Season the skin with pepper, lemon zest and salt.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 4-5 hrs.
- Baste the turkey with its juices every 30 min.
- 30 min before the turkey is done turn the turkey over and place back into the oven.
- Once the turkey is done, remove it from the oven and place on a platter and allow resting for 30 min before serving.
Serve this Christmas roast turkey with mashed potatoes, stuffing or vegetables. You can substitute the Turkey for Chicken, Duck or Pheasant. This recipe can be used to make a great Thanksgiving roast turkey as well.