The prime rib is a great traditional Christmas dinner recipe that is not only delicious but very simple to make. We have a classic Christmas prime rib recipe that is perfect to make when you have guests and friends coming over from Christmas dinner. Learn how to make this simple yet delicious Christmas prime rib recipe here.
Ingredients for Prime Rib
- 1 (10 pound) prime rib roast
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons butter(melted)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- Set the oven to preheat at 500 Degree F
- Take the prime rib and make small gashes with a knife.
- Season with salt and pepper and place garlic in the cuts.
- Spread mustard over the prime rib.
- Pour butter over the prime rib and place in the oven to roast for 1 hour.
- Baste with dripping every 30 min.
- Check if the meat is cooked, if not keep in the oven for an additional 20-30 min.
- Remove from the oven and allow cooling.
You can serve the prime rib along with mashed potatoes or a side of vegetables. This makes for a great Christmas dinner dish which is juicy and full of flavour.