The Christmas Ham is one of the traditional Christmas dinner recipes that is very popular. This traditional Christmas ham recipe is that we have here is a classic Christmas recipe that you can prepare anytime. Learn how to make this traditional Christmas ham recipe that look great and tastes delicious.
Traditional Christmas Ham Recipe
- 1 bone-in shank ham
- 5 cups water
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3-5 large pieces of Ginger(Sliced)
- 1 bunch of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Take a roasting pan and place onions, ginger and thyme in the pan
- Pour water into the pan until 3-5 cm deep
- Place the Ham in the pan and cover with a lid
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for approx 7-8 hrs
- Remove the pan from the oven and drain out the excess dripping into a bowl.
- With a sharp knife remove the skin; leave behind a layer of fat.
- Using the knife cut score the ham creating diamond shapes.
- At each intersecting cut place a clove.
- In a bowl add one cup of dripping, Worcestershire sauce, honey, brown sugar and clove powder and mix.
- Pour the glazing over the ham and place back in the oven and bake for 30 min