Apple pie is one of the popular pies that are baked during Christmas season. Here we have a traditional apple pie that is perfect for a Christmas dinner dessert. You can learn how to make this simple yet mouth watering apple pie by following the instructions given below. This traditional apple pie would be appreciated both by children and adults.
Ingredients for Apple Pie
- 1 9 inch double crust pie pastry
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 10 red apples
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder/Nutmeg powder
- Start by preheating the oven to 450 Degrees F
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Take a pie pan and dust with flour.
- Take a saucepan place over a medium flame and add melted butter and flour and make a paste.
- Mix in white and brown sugar and water and boil.
- Reduce the flame and let the mix simmer, make sure it does not stick to the bottom.
- Place one of the crusts on the pan and add apple pieces.
- Pour the butter and flour mix over the apples.
- Cover the apples with the second crust.
- Pinch the ends of the crust together to form a tight lid.
- Using a knife make small slits on the upper crust.
- Brush the top with butter and sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg powder over the top.
- Place the pie pan in the oven to bake for 20 min at 450 Degrees F.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 Degrees F and bake for another 30 min.
Your Christmas apple pie is ready, remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool on the rack. You can serve up this delicious Christmas apple pie with whipped cream or just enjoy this rich apple pie as it is. This apple pie makes for a great Christmas dinner dessert.