Here we have a recipe for traditional Christmas sugar cookie recipes that can be made for Christmas or thanksgiving. These sugar coated cookies are great for gifting during Christmas or are great for a Christmas snack. These amazing sugar coated cookies just melt in your mouth and kids just love these amazing Christmas cookies.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp half-and-half
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by preheating the oven at 350 Degrees F
- In a mixing bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and mix well
- Add beaten egg, half and half and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Take the dough and roll it out in 1/2 inch thick sheet.
- Using a cookie cutter cut out the cookies and place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 min or until light brown
Once the cookies are baked, remove them from the oven and decorate them with sugar icing, you can use various colors like red, pink green sugar icing to decorate these cookies.