Here we have a traditional Christmas strawberry trifle that is made using gelatine and cake. Learn how to make this simple yet delicious strawberry trifle and serve it for Christmas dinner dessert. This strawberry trifle
- 1 sponge cake
- 2 packages strawberry gelatine
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup green and red candied cherries
- Take a saucepan, add water to the pan and pour out the gelatine into the water and dissolve it.
- Add 3 cups strawberries to the gelatine and mash the berries well.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar and mix well until dissolved.
- Refrigerate till the gelatine firms up.
- Take the sponge cake and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Take a trifle bowl and place half the cake pieces in the bowl.
- Pour half the gelatine over the cake
- Over the gelatine place remaining cake and top with remaining gelatine.
- Top gelatine with whipped cream
- Garnish with cherries and cut strawberries.
Place your Strawberry trifle in the refrigerator to set for 5 hours before serving, this makes for a great Christmas dinner dessert.