Here we have a traditional raisin and sour cream pie recipe that is great for a Christmas dinner dessert. You can make this festive pie for any special occasion or holiday. This raisin and sour cream pie is perfect for the Christmas season and tastes amazing. Learn how to make this great pie here.
Ingredients for raisin and sour cream pie
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp clove powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1- 9 inch pie crust
Ingredients for Meringue
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp sugar
- Start by taking a saucepan and placing the raisins in it, cover with water and place on a medium flame and allow to boil.
- In another saucepan add cornstarch, sugar, clove powder, cinnamon powder and salt.
- Add the sour cream to the mix and mix well.
- Add the egg yolks and mix it well with the sour cream mix.
- Add the milk to the mix and place the pan over a medium flame to cook until the mix boils and becomes thick.
- Take the raisins; drain the raisins, keeping half of the liquid for further use.
- Add the chopped nuts and boiled raisins to the mix.
- Take a pie dish, dust with flour and place the pastry over the dish.
- Pour the mix into the pie crust.
- In a bowl, add egg white and sugar, salt and beat well until stiff.
- Spread the meringue over the pie and place the dish in a preheated oven to bake at 350 Degrees F for 15 min.
Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool, you can serve this amazing raisin and sour cream pie hot or cold, this pie makes for a great dessert and both children and adults love this pie.