Here we have a traditional mincemeat trifle recipe that you can prepare this Christmas, this mincemeat trifle is full of flavor and textures and is great for a holiday dinner dessert. Learn how to make this amazing mincemeat trifle recipe that is given here.
Ingredients for Mincemeat Trifle
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 sponge cake
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup Red and green candied cherries
- 2 cups flavoured jelly
- Take a large saucepan, add milk and sugar and mix well.
- Add lemon zest and cook for a while.
- Add egg yolks and salt and cook for 10 min.
- Add vanilla extract to the custard.
- In a bowl add mince and lemon juice and mix well.
- Take the sponge cake, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Take a trifle dish, place cake pieces at the bottom.
- Pour jelly over the cake pieces.
- Pour custard over jelly.
- Place a layer of mince meat.
- Pour custard over the meat layer
- Top with whipped cream
- Garnish with cherries.
Refrigerate the mince meat trifle for an hour before serving.