This recipe is for a n Icelandic Christmas Cake, you can try out this delicious Christmas cake recipe this year for Christmas dinner dessert instead of the traditional Christmas fruit cake recipe that you usually follow. This Icelandic Christmas cake recipe is easy to follow and simple to make. Learn how to make this mouth-watering Christmas cake and surprise your family this Christmas.
How to make Icelandic Christmas Cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare a 11 inch cake tin by greasing it.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix the butter and sugar well till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mix, beating the mix after each egg.
- Add the milk, lemon and cardamom and mix well.
- Now add in the flour and baking powder mix and again mix well until you have a smooth consistency and no lumps of flour are left.
- Pour the mix into the cake tin and bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.