Hazel Nut and Chocolate Chip Christmas Cheese Cake Recipe
Hazelnut and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
This cheese cake recipe is unlike any other cheese cake that you would have prepared before. This hazelnut and chocolate chip cheese cake recipe is mouth watering and delicious. This is an ideal desert for Christmas time, you can prepare this delicious hazelnut and chocolate chip cheese cake and surprise your family during this Christmas.
- 2 cups sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 3 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 3/4 cup ground hazelnuts
- 13 hazelnuts
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
For the crust
- Using a chopping knife, finely chop the 1/3 cup of choco chips.
- Add the choco chips to a mixing bowl
- Add the vanilla wafers, ground hazelnut, 2 tablespoons of sugar and melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the mix into a 9 inch pan and press well.
- Bake the crust for 15 min at 300 degrees F.
- Remove the crust and cool completely.
For the filling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree F
- Take a mixing bowl and whip the cream cheese till fluffy.
- Add the eggs and 3 tbsp of hazel nut liqueur and mix well.
- Chop 1 cup of choco chips and add to the cheese mix.
- Pour the cheese batter over the crust and place in the oven.
- Bake the cheese cake for 60 min.
- Remove and allow cooling.
Hazelnut & Chocolate toppings
- Take the remaining choco chips and place in a pan, place the pan in hot water till the choco chips melt.
- Stir the chocolate until it has a smooth consistency.
- Dip the Hazelnuts in the chocolate and place on a platter or wax paper.
- Add sour cream to the remaining chocolate and wisk well.
- Add 1tbsp of hazelnut liqueur and mix well.
- Spread this over the cheese cake and dot with hazelnuts.