Hard candy has been traditionally made and served as Christmas treats for ages, here we have a classic hard candy recipe that is great for Christmas season. You can learn to make these amazing Christmas hard candies and serve them this Christmas.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1/8 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Take a large saucepan
- Add sugar, water and corn syrup to the pan and place over a medium flame and allow to cook.
- Once the syrup starts to thicken
- Add peppermint extract and coloring and mix well.
- Pour the mix into a buttered 10 inch pan
- Allow the mix to cool a bit.
- Cut the candy into squares, and other shapes
- Place on a tray and sprinkle powdered sugar to keep the candy pieces from clumping a nd allow to cool.
You can make these amazing Christmas hard candy in various flavours and colors. These hard candies are a favourite with children and adults.