Gingerbread cookies or gingerbread men have been traditionally baked during holidays like Christmas and thanksgiving. These amazing g gingerbread cookies can be cut out in various shapes like Christmas trees, gingerbread men or other shapes using festive cookie cutters. Here we have a traditional gingerbread cookie recipe that you can bake this Christmas, this recipe tastes amazing and has the right mix of spices that remind you of the holidays.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp Soda Bicarbonate
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 6 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Take a large add flour, mix flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and mix well.
- In another bowl add brown sugar, egg and butter and wisk well until golden.
- Add molasses and mix with butter mix.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix and mix well.
- Divide the dough in two equal parts and cover with plastic and allow it to stand for 2-3 hrs.
- Take one half of the dough and roll out until you the dough is 1/2 inch thick.
- Use various cookie cutters to cut the dough and place them on the baking tray
- Bake the cookies for 10 min
- Remove the cookies and allow to cool for a while
You can decorate these amazing gingerbread cookies using icing, jelly, or marzipan. These amazing gingerbread cookies can be cut into various shapes like Christmas trees, Christmas snow men or traditional gingerbread men.