English Christmas Fruit Cake
If you are looking for a great Christmas cake for the perfect Christmas dinner dessert you should try baking this amazingly delicious English Christmas cake. This English Christmas fruit cake has the right texture and has a rich flavour that will appeal to adults and children alike. The recipe for English Fruit Cake is easy to follow and very simple to bake. Delight your friends and family this Christmas season with this delicious English Christmas Fruit Cake.
Ingredients for English Christmas Fruit Cake
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 4 cups dried currants
- 1 cup candied cherries
- 1 teaspoon spice mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed citrus peel(grated)
- 3/4 cup almonds chopped
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Take a 9 inch cake tin and grease it.
- Take a mixing bowl and add the spice powder, cinnamon powder, citrus peel and flour.
- Take another mixing bowl and beat the butter, brandy and sugar till it is light golden and fluffy.
- Break in the eggs one at a time into the butter mix and beat till the mix is fluffy.
- Add the flour mix and mix till you have a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Add raisins, fruits and nuts to the cake mix.
- Pour out the cake mix into the readied cake pan and leave it overnight.
- Set your oven to preheat at 300 degrees F.
- Place the cake pan in the oven and bake for 240 min.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow complete cooling before you store the cake
You can serve this English Christmas Fruit cake as it is or cover with with white frosting and serve.