The Christmas fruit cake is a tradition that has been going on for ages, Almost every family has a traditional Christmas fruitcake recipe that has been handed down from one generation to another. This fruit cake recipe given here is apt for Christmas as it imbibes the Christmas spirit. Learn how to bake this delicious and mouth watering Christmas wreath fruit cake by following the simple recipe given here.
How to prepare a Christmas wreath fruit cake
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup red candied cherries
- 1 cup green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup dates(chopped)
- 3/4 cup candied pineapple(chopped)
- 3/4 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1/2 cup coconut(grated)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Start by setting the oven to preheat at 300degrees F
- Prepare a baking tin (tube) by greasing or layering with baking paper.
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add all the fruits and nuts and mix well until they are fully coated.
- Take a mixing bowl beat together the sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the butter mix and beat well, add the lemon juice and lemon rind and mix well.
- Add the flour and fruit mix to the butter egg mix and mix well until you have a batter that is smooth and without lumps.
- Pour out the cake batter into the prepared cake tin and put it into the oven and let it bake for 120 min.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool.