Roast potatoes are a very important dish on a traditional Christmas dinner spread. One cannot think of a traditional Christmas dinner without the classic roast potatoes platter being passed around. Here we have a very simple yet delicious traditional Christmas roast potatoes recipe that you can make at home this Christmas. This roast potatoes recipe is simple to make and easy to follow.
- 10 large potatoes(peeled)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Start by chopping the peeled potatoes into even size cubes.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Take a large pot, place potatoes into the pot cover with water and add salt.
- Place the pot on a medium flame and bring it to a boil.
- Once the water boils, reduce the flame and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain out the water and keep the potatoes aside.
- Take a large baking tray and grease with oil.
- Add the potatoes to the tray and place in a oven preheated to 375 Degrees F.
- After 10 minutes, remove the tray and coat the potatoes in butter and place the tray in the oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil
Your yummy roast potatoes are ready to serve along with traditional roast turkey or goose. For the classic Christmas touch to this recipe substitute butter with either goose fat or turkey fat. You can also pour some turkey or goose drippings over the potatoes.