The Christmas plum pudding is one of the traditional Christmas puddings served for Christmas dinner; here we have a traditional Christmas plum pudding recipe that has been prepared for ages. Learn how to make this delicious classic plum pudding given here.
Ingredients for Christmas Plum Pudding
- 200g fresh bread crumbs
- 250g brown sugar
- 175g golden raisins
- 175g sultanas
- 175g Black currants
- 150g butter
- 150g candied citrus peel
- 75g flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 apple
- 100g almonds
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 tsp mixed spice powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 pint Guinness
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Take a 1.5 litre pudding basin and grease well.
- Take a large mixing bowl add flour spice powders and salt and mix.
- Add citrus peel, lemon zest lemon juice , currants, sultanas, raisins, apple, almonds, and mix well.
- Take a bowl and beat eggs well in it.
- Add butter to the eggs and mix well.
- Add sugar to the eggs and beat well.
- Add whiskey and Guinness to the eggs and mix well.
- Add eggs mix to the flour mix and mix well.
- Add fruit mix and mix well.
- Pour the mix into the pudding basin and place in a steamer for 3 hrs.
Once your Christmas pudding is done, remove and allow to cool before placing it in the refrigerator. You can serve this delicious Christmas plum pudding along with butter rum, cream or brandy butter.