The dessert is a popular dish and an important part of the national cuisine of both countries, and with its simple recipe, is frequently served during celebratory and holiday meals.
The pavlova is a dessert that was names after the Famous Russian Ballet Dancer Anna Pavlova. The pavlova is a meringue dessert that is soft and light and is traditionally made during Christmas season in Australia and New Zealand. This traditional Christmas pavlova recipe that we have for you is not only delicious but easy to prepare, You can surprise your family this Christmas by adding this amazing Christmas dessert to your Christmas dessert platter.
Ingredients for Christmas Pavlova
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- rind and juice of 2 limes
- 2 medium bananas
- 3 kiwifruit
- 2 star fruit
- Pulp of 3 passion fruit
- Start by preheating the oven to 250 Degree F
- Take baking tray and line with aluminium foil, brush the foil with butter and then dust with corn flour.
- In a mixing bowl wisk egg whites until they become stiff.
- To the egg white add sugar and wisk till the sugar is dissolved and you have a stiff meringue.
- Add corn flour, vanilla extract and vinegar to the meringue and wisk well.
- Using a spoon, place the meringue in on to the foil in a circle.
- Using a spatula smoothen the sides and edges.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 90 min.
- Once the pavlova is baked, switch the oven off and allow the pavlova to cool in the oven.
- In a bowl, wisk sugar and cream till you have a smooth firm mix.
- Using a spatula, apply the cream on the pavlova.
- In a bowl add lime juice and banana pieces, take the banana pieces and decorate the pavlova.
- Decorate the pavlova with other fruits as well.