Rich creamy oyster stew is one of the most popular of all traditional Christmas dinner recipes. Most families have a traditional Christmas oyster stew recipe that has been passed down from one generation to another. Here we have a classic Christmas oyster stew recipe that you can follow to prepare this flavorful oyster stew for Christmas. Learn to make this simple yet delicious oyster stew here.
Ingredients For Christmas Oyster Stew
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cans oysters with the juice
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Take a large pot and place over a medium flame.
- Add the butter and onion and cook the onions until they turn translucent and tender.
- Pour the oysters and their juice into the pot
- Allow the oysters to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add milk and other ingredients and stir well
- Keep the pot over the flame until the stew is cooked for another 10 min.
- Remove from the heat
- Your Christmas oyster stew is ready to serve.
You can garnish the Christmas oyster stew with celery and serve with oyster crackers.