Christmas Nut Cake
This is another great Christmas cake recipe that I love, instead of the traditional Christmas fruit cake, we have a Christmas nut cake recipe that is filled with nuts and is rich in flavor and texture. This Christmas nut cake will surely be a hot favorite this Christmas season if you plan on trying something different this Christmas.
How to prepare a Christmas nut cake
- 1 1/2 pounds whole almonds( blanched)
- 1 pound Brazil nuts
- 1/2 pound walnut (halved)
- 1/2 pound pecan (halved)
- 1 1/2 pounds dates (pitted)
- 1/3 pound candied red cherries
- 1/3 pound candied green cherries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Set your oven to preheat at 275 degrees F
- Grease two 9 inch loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl add the nuts, dates and cherries and mix well.
- In another mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Break the eggs in a bowl , add the vanilla and beat till fluffy.
- Add the flour to the nut mix.
- Add eggs to the nuts and flour mix.
- Pour out your cake mix into the greased baking pans and bake for 2 hours
- Take out of the oven and keep aside to cool completely before you can remove the cake from the pan.