One of the most popular and favorite of all traditional Christmas recipes would be the mince pie, Mince pies have been eaten in the United Kingdom’s during Christmas for centuries now for centuries and one cannot imagine a traditional Christmas dinner spread without mince meat pies. While the traditional mince pies are made only with mince meat, you can add nuts and raisins to the mix if you want.
The Christmas mince meat pie that we have is a traditional mince pie recipe that is easy to make and is very delicious. Learn how to make this classic Christmas rich mince pie that is full of flavor here.
Ingredient mince pie:
- 12 oz flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 8oz butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can of mincemeat
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Preparation for the pastry:
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F
- To prepare the pastry take a mixing bowl and add flour, butter and salt
- Add the butter to the flour and mix well.
- Add one well beaten egg to the flour mix and mix well.
- Slowly add cold water, ensure that mix does not become too sticky or runny.
- Mix the dough well and place in a plastic wrap and chill for 30 min.
Preparation for mince pie
- Take a bun tin and dust with flour
- Roll out 2/3 of the pastry dough.
- Line the bun tin cups with the pastry.
- Fill each cup with the mince, avoid filling in too much or too little of the mince.
- Fill the pastry lined tins 2/3 full with mincemeat.
- Cover each cup with the remaining pastry so as to form a lid.
- Using a little water dampen the edges of the pastry and press the lids.
- Using a knife make small holes in the pie lid to allow steam to escape.
- Place the pan in the oven to bake for 20 min.
Once the pies are bakes remove from the oven and dust a little sugar on top and allow the pies to cool. Your traditional Christmas mince pies are ready to serve. You can add onions and garlic to the mince meat or add fruits and nuts to add flavor.