No Christmas dinner can be complete without a tasty dish of creamy mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes has been a traditional Christmas side dish often served with a traditional roast turkey, ham or prime rib. Here we have a classic Christmas mashed potato recipe that is simple yet delicious. This popular dish adds a lot of taste to your Christmas dinner spread and is a hot favourite with the kids as well as adults. Learn how to make this classic Christmas mashed potatoes recipe here.
Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 Whole Cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Start by first placing the potatoes in a saucepan and boil until done.
- Peel the potatoes and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the potatoes using a masher or a large fork.( You can leave the potatoes chunky if you like or make them smooth)
- Add cream, mayonnaise, butter, salt and pepper and mix well
- Cover the bowl with a foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- You can garnish the mashed potatoes with celery and parsley
This Classic mashed potatoes recipe is perfect to serve along with other traditional Christmas dishes like Ham, prime rib or roast poultry. You can add minced garlic to this recipe to add flavor or opt for sweet potatoes for a much sweeter dish.