Here we have a great Christmas Fruit pudding that has the most amazing flavors and is great for Christmas dinner. Learn how to make this great Christmas pudding by following the simple recipe given here.
Ingredients for Christmas Fruit Pudding:
- 100 gms black currants
- 100 g golden raisins
- 100 gms sultanas
- 100 gms dates
- 100 gms apricots
- 80 gms dried cranberries
- 1 Orange, zest and juice
- 5 Tbsp Brandy
- 115 gms butter
- 115 gms brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple
- 30 gms flaked almonds
- 55 gms self-rising flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 100 gms breadcrumbs
- Take a 1.5 litre pudding basin and place butter paper or baking parchment at the bottom.
- Take a mixing bowl, add dates, raisins, sultanas, currants, apricots and cranberries.
- Add orange juice and zest to the dried fruits mix and mix well.
- Add brandy and mix well and allow soaking for a while.
- Take another bowl and add butter and sugar, beat them until the mix is golden and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter and beat well.
- Add diced apple dried fruit mix and mix well.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the bread crumbs and spice mix .
- Pour the mix into the pudding basin.
- Cover the top of the pudding with parchment and place a pudding cloth over the top of the basin.
- Place the basin into a steamer and steam for 3 1/2 hrs.
- Once done remove the pudding and allow to cool.
Your Christmas fruit pudding is ready, wrap the pudding in greaseproof paper and store in a cool place. You can keep the pudding for up to 2-3 months. Before serving this pudding on Christmas day, steam the pudding for 2 hours and serve with brandy sauce, or with rum butter .