Here we have an amazing Christmas fruit cake called the friendship cake, this friendship cake recipe makes the most flavourful Christmas cake you would have tasted and is apt for the Christmas season. This Christmas season bake this delicious friendship cake and share the Christmas spirit and flavour with your family and friends.
The friendship cake recipe given here is a 30 day process and requires a friendship cake starter. Follow this recipe for a great cake.
How to prepare Christmas Friendship cake
- 2 cups Friendship cake Starter
- 1 can peaches ( Sliced along with the juice)
- 5 1/2 cups fine white sugar
- 1 can pineapple (chunks and juice)
- 2 cans cherries
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 2 cups walnuts ( chopped)
- 2 packs of yellow cake mix
- 2 packs vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
- 1st Day:- In a large bowl add 2 cups cake starter, 1 cup chopped peaches with juice and 2 1/2 cups of sugar and mix well, cover with a foil and keep aside,( do not refrigerate). This mix needs to be stirred one daily for 10 days.
- 10th Day:- In a bowl add 1 can pineapple with juice and 2 1/2 cups sugar , mix well and cover with a foil. Stir one every day for 10 days.
- 20th Day :- in a bowl add the cherries( sliced in halve) and juice along with 2 1/2 cups of sugar . Cover with a foil and stir one every day for 10 days.
- 30th Day:- drain the fruits and keep aside, retain the juice from the fruits in glass jars for your next cake, you can share the other two jars with friends.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degree F.
- Take two 9” cake pans and grease them well.
- In a mixing bowl mix the cake mix, add vanilla pudding mix, vegetable oil and eggs and mix well.
- Add the drained fruits from the cake starter and mix well.
- Add raisins, nuts and coconut and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the cake pans and bake for 1 hour at 325 Degrees F.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.
Useful tips while baking a friendship cake.
Ensure that you start baking within three days of receiving the cake starter or freeze the starter till you are ready to bake.
Always place the starter in glass or ceramic jars, do not use plastic or a metal container.