Here we have a popular Christmas fig pudding recipe that is loved by every one, this traditional Christmas fig pudding has to be prepared and allowed to mature for 2-3 months thus enhancing the flavors in the pudding. You can serve this amazing Christmas fig pudding along with butter rum or butter brandy . Learn how to make this amazing Christmas fig pudding here.
Ingredients for Christmas Fig Pudding
- 250g dried figs
- 5 tbsp rum
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 120 gms butter
- 120 gms brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 50 gms almonds
- 120 gms candied cherries
- 2 pieces ginger
- 60 gms self rising flour
- 100 gms bread crumbs
- Start by taking a 1.5 litre pudding basin and greasing it well.
- Take a mixing bowl, add chopped dried figs, rum, lemon zest, lemon juice and mix well.
- Leave the figs to soak for 24 hrs.
- In a bowl, add butter and sugar and wisk till light golden.
- Add eggs to the butter and wisk well
- Mix in chopped apple, pear, cherries, almonds, finely chopped ginger and mix well.
- Add figs and mix well
- Add flour and mix well.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well
- Pour the pudding mix into the basin. Place a greaseproof paper on the top and cover with pudding cloth.
- Place the basin into a steamer and steam for 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove from the steamer and allow to cool.
You can store this amazing fig pudding for 2-3 months in a cool place where it allows the flavor to mature. Steam the pudding for 2 hrs before serving it up on Christmas night. You can serve this amazing Christmas fig pudding along with rum butter or brandy butter.