Here we have another popular traditional Christmas pudding recipe, this traditional Christmas cranberry pudding tastes amazing and is a great pudding to serve for Christmas dinner, Unlike the other traditional Christmas puddings, this Christmas cranberry pudding needs to be served once its prepared. Learn how to make this amazing Christmas cranberry pudding here.
- 250g cranberries
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100ml boiling water
- 140ml treacle
- Start by greasing a 1.5 Litre pudding basin.
- Place a round piece of greaseproof paper at the bottom of the basin.
- Take a mixing bowl, add salt, cranberries and flour and mix well.
- Take a saucepan, add boiling water, baking soda and treacle and mix well.
- Pour the water and treacle mix into the flour mix and mix well.
- Pour this mix into the prepared pudding basin.
- Cover the top of the basing with a greaseproof paper.
- Cover the top of the basing with pudding cloth and place in a steamer for 2 hours.
Your traditional Christmas cranberry pudding is ready to be served, serve this Christmas pudding with a butter and cream sauce or with butter and rum sauce. This Christmas pudding can be served up immediately and does not need to be kept for maturing.