Christmas Cherry Fruit Cake Recipe
Christmas Cherry Fruit Cake
This Christmas cherry fruit cake is a variant of the traditional Christmas fruit cake made during the Christmas season. This Christmas cherry cake is much simpler to bake in comparison with a traditional fruit cake and is as delicious and flavorful as the other fruit cakes. You can bake this delightful cherry cake this Christmas and surprise your family.
- 1 cup Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces raisins
- I can candied cherries( halved)
- Preheat your oven to 300 degree F
- Take a 9 inch cake pan and grease it well.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar and beat well until light golden and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter mix and beat well.
- Add orange juice to the butter mix.
- In a mixing bowl add flour and baking powder; keep some of the flour aside to dredge the raisins and cherries in.
- Mix the flour to the butter mix and mix well till the batter is smooth.
- Dredge the raisins and cherries in the remaining flour.
- Mix the cherries and cherries to the mix and mix well.
- Pour the cake mix into the pre greased cake pan and bake for 2.5 hours.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow complete cooling before storing the cake.