Here we have a Christmas bread crumb pudding that is a take on the traditional Christmas pudding, this Christmas bread crumb pudding tastes amazing and is light and has a rich texture. Learn how to make this simple yet delicious Christmas bread crumb pudding and serve it up for Christmas dinner.
Ingredients for Christmas bread crumb pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whole cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small sweet bread loaf
- 1 cup whiskey
- 3 tbsp mincemeat
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 Degree F
- Take a saucepan, add milk, vanilla extract and cream, salt and heat over a medium flame until the mix almost starts to boil, remove the milk from the flame and set aside for 30 min.
- Take a bowl, add eggs, 1 egg yolk and sugar and beat well.
- Add the eggs and sugar mix.
- Place the milk on the flame and allow to boil, add the egg mix and wisk well.
- Take the bread slices, apply butter to the slices and place them in a baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup whiskey over the bread.
- In a bowl mix cranberries, mincemeat and chopped apples and pour over the bread.
- Add the milk mix to the bread and allow the milk to be absorbed into the bread.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for 40 min.
- Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Sprinkle icing sugar on the pudding.
Your Christmas bread crumb pudding is ready to be served, serve this amazing bread crumb pudding along with light sour cream.