Candied walnuts are a traditional Christmas candy that is prepared and served during Christmas Season. Here we have a classic candied walnut recipe that is great for Christmas and easy to make. Learn how to make this amazing Christmas candy here.
- 1 pound walnut
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by preheating the oven to 375 Degrees F
- Take a baking tray, place a baking parchment paper over the tray.
- Spread halved walnuts on the tray
- Roast the nuts for 10 minutes in the oven
- In a saucepan add sugar, cinnamon, salt, milk and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes
- Add vanilla to the sugar syrup
- Take nuts and add walnuts to the syrup and mix till all nuts are coated with the syrup
- Spoon out the walnuts on a tray, ensure that they do not clump or stick together.
- Allow the candied walnuts to cool
These candied walnuts can be stored in a airtight container and served as Christmas treats.